Club members were delighted once again to see the smiling face of Eddie “The Flying Dutchman” Van Keulen after an absence due to age related health issues.
The competition played was a par round arguably the greatest test in golf, match play against the course. Some still argue that stroke play is the real test but they are ignoring the facts (perhaps their place is in politics) as a small piece of bad luck can destroy a stroke round.
Four players managed to beat the course with Dick Cleland doing so in emphatic manner.
The final results were:
- 6 up – Dick Cleland
- 4 up – Neil Webster, Mark “Mouldy” Millward
- 2 up – Dick Secomb
- Square – Matt McCauley, Andy Phillips
- 2 down – colourful local identity Philip “Thomo” Thomson, Russell “Gus The Good Guy” Wenzel
- 3 down – Michael “Tickers” Tickner
- 5 down – Pat Hallion, Chris “Critta” Waters, David “Jack” Webster, Kobi Wenzel
- 8 down – Sam Cleland
- 9 down – Eddie “The Flying Dutchman” Van Keulen (Mars Bar)